Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 9, 2021
Now this? THIS looks original. Coming Friday.
Kelly McCormack and Colm Feore star in this story of a musician who just needs a little help paying her bills until her big break. From the looks of things, director Wendy Morgan (“Backstage”) keeps things just artsy enough to … Continue reading
When she coined the phrase “the banality of evil” to describe the callous, uncaring and otherwise inconsequential men and women who carried out The Holocaust and society’s ways of “normalizing” their actions, Hannah Arendt was seriously underestimating Hollywood’s response to … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Marilyn to Michelle, JFK to Elle, Kirkland captures the famous with “That Click”
Douglas Kirkland isn’t the first name to pop up when the Western world ponders photographers of the celebrated and powerful. Leibowitz, Avedon, Ritts, Helmut Newton, maybe even Irving Penn if you’re into history. Penn was something of a mentor to … Continue reading