Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- The lowly Chevy Nova finally has its (movie, TV) moment?
- Movie Review: Leisurely "Goodbye Honey" proves again that there's no such thing as a "slack" thriller
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Preview: The dystopia is further in the future than Twitter suggests --"2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Hyped "A Better Life" is just a pale imitation of "Bicycle Thieves"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 9, 2021
Now this? THIS looks original. Coming Friday.
Kelly McCormack and Colm Feore star in this story of a musician who just needs a little help paying her bills until her big break. From the looks of things, director Wendy Morgan (“Backstage”) keeps things just artsy enough to … Continue reading
When she coined the phrase “the banality of evil” to describe the callous, uncaring and otherwise inconsequential men and women who carried out The Holocaust and society’s ways of “normalizing” their actions, Hannah Arendt was seriously underestimating Hollywood’s response to … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Marilyn to Michelle, JFK to Elle, Kirkland captures the famous with “That Click”
Douglas Kirkland isn’t the first name to pop up when the Western world ponders photographers of the celebrated and powerful. Leibowitz, Avedon, Ritts, Helmut Newton, maybe even Irving Penn if you’re into history. Penn was something of a mentor to … Continue reading