Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 7, 2021
Here’s another project from the filmic pre-history of Peter Sellers, a little-seen if not “lost” comedy made his with fellow “Goon Show” castmates. If the through-line of modern sketch comedy runs from the Goons to Monty Python to Second City … Continue reading
There is no “bomb” in the Disney Universe, not with all those streaming subscriptions and upcharges to take the edge off. Still opening at a little over half what “Tom & Jerry” did is a bad look. $8.6 million. “Boogie” … Continue reading
Imagine “Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels” or “Rock’n Rolla” set in a world of Colombian gangsters. Some have colorful names, many have down and dirty secrets and nobody’s shy about spilling blood. That’s “Dogwashers,” a Carlos Moreno thriller with … Continue reading