Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 1, 2021
An awful lot of twitterers are awfully cavalier about their use of this phrase. Can’t be bothered to read what they have a complaint about if there’s a chance to pile on, based on some Summer’s Eve’s eagerness to misunderstand … Continue reading
Veteran producer (“An Ideal Husband,””Wayne’s World”) and sometime director Barnaby Thompson had to know what he was looking at when his son Preston pitched him his screenplay for “Pixie.” A murderously dry Irish action dramedy with priests, drugs, scenery and … Continue reading
African American gangsters play power games with Italian American mob. Lance Gross stars in this March 12 release.
Nothing more instantly-dates an animated film for children than over-earnest efforts to contemporize the dialogue, to render it slangy and to-the-minute current. That’s all over the script to Disney’s “Raya and the Last Dragon,” where a lot of effort was … Continue reading
May is a self-help author who’s having trouble getting a deal in place for that next book. She can be excused for thinking her agent is patronizing her when he sugar-coats the lack of enthusiasm she’s getting from publishers. No, … Continue reading
Sure. It pretty much always was. But a couple of things add an asterisk to the already unconventional “Wisdom” of the Golden Globes. The latest investigative reminders of how corrupt and disconnected from Hollywood and America the HFPA is might … Continue reading