Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" misses by a Milla
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 17, 2021
The first hurdle one must clear is imagining a universe in which a four hour recut of “Justice League” needs to exist. But within the infinity of the multiverse, that’s a moot point. “Zack Snyder’s ‘Justice League’” is a detailed, … Continue reading
The first words that come to mind when we think of the late Audrey Hepburn probably do her a grave disservice. As the film critic Molly Haskell argues in the new documentary about Hepburn, “chic” and “fashion icon” and any … Continue reading
“Piola” is an interesting, downbeat coming-of-age in hip hop tale set in Quilicura, a neighborhood of Santiago, Chile. It’s a film of rapper wannabes, a kid with a kid of his own and a girl testing the limits of her … Continue reading
The Greek island of Andros became so self-sufficient, so connected with shipping and commerce, that the locals took to calling it “Little England.” But with so many of its men at sea — captains, mates and crews for the many … Continue reading