Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2021
“Sometime Other Than Now” is a soft-spoken indie romance about the endless reservoir of forgiveness that is woman. Or at least the movie myth version. Kate Walsh of “Grey’s Anatomy” plays one. Trieste Kelly Dunn is another. And young Alexa … Continue reading
Sean “Puff Daddy, Puffy, P. Diddy” Combs lays out the mission statement for this new documentary about The Notorious B.I.G. right before the opening credits. “This story doesn’t have to have a tragic ending.” What follows in “Biggie: I Got … Continue reading
“Enforcement” is a gritty and deliberate Danish thriller about a bad day that bad policework instigated, and two cops who get trapped in mayhem at least partially of their own making. It’s another “Two Cops in a Cruiser” picture, only … Continue reading
“Penguin Bloom” is a light, uplifting tale about an Australian paralyzed in an accident, who starts to recover and redirect her life thanks to a magpie her family takes in. It’s a “feel good” family-oriented picture that sinks or swims … Continue reading