Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 25, 2021
A sparkling supporting cast can’t save “The Seventh Day,” a tepid exorcism thriller that begins with promise and dies pretty much the moment the “lead” steps into the spotlight. It’s got Keith David as a stalwart priest trying to save … Continue reading
A little history we in the West don’t know. This post WWI period piece opens May 7.
Weird Al narrates (and speaks in Tiny’s place) in this April 23 release.
Best concert I ever saw? Tina Turner, the “Farewell Tour,” the first one — 2000. It was the exclamation point on a sixteen year-long victory lap for the hardest working woman in show business. And yes, she left it all … Continue reading
“French Exit” is like a Whit Stillman adaptation of Somerset Maugham’s “The Lotus Eater,” with producer Wes Anderson dropping by the set, late in the shoot, insisting that he “Make it more TWEE.” It’s a tale of the idle rich … Continue reading
Victor is having an argument with a wife who isn’t at home. What’s with this? Where’s that? It takes him a couple of minutes to see the half-empty shelves and closets. It takes him a minute more to see the … Continue reading
This looks good. Epic. Another chance to revel in the glory that Jack Thompson, too. A May 14 release.