Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 25, 2021
A sparkling supporting cast can’t save “The Seventh Day,” a tepid exorcism thriller that begins with promise and dies pretty much the moment the “lead” steps into the spotlight. It’s got Keith David as a stalwart priest trying to save … Continue reading
A little history we in the West don’t know. This post WWI period piece opens May 7.
Weird Al narrates (and speaks in Tiny’s place) in this April 23 release.
Best concert I ever saw? Tina Turner, the “Farewell Tour,” the first one — 2000. It was the exclamation point on a sixteen year-long victory lap for the hardest working woman in show business. And yes, she left it all … Continue reading
“French Exit” is like a Whit Stillman adaptation of Somerset Maugham’s “The Lotus Eater,” with producer Wes Anderson dropping by the set, late in the shoot, insisting that he “Make it more TWEE.” It’s a tale of the idle rich … Continue reading
Victor is having an argument with a wife who isn’t at home. What’s with this? Where’s that? It takes him a couple of minutes to see the half-empty shelves and closets. It takes him a minute more to see the … Continue reading
This looks good. Epic. Another chance to revel in the glory that Jack Thompson, too. A May 14 release.