Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" misses by a Milla
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 25, 2021
A sparkling supporting cast can’t save “The Seventh Day,” a tepid exorcism thriller that begins with promise and dies pretty much the moment the “lead” steps into the spotlight. It’s got Keith David as a stalwart priest trying to save … Continue reading
A little history we in the West don’t know. This post WWI period piece opens May 7.
Weird Al narrates (and speaks in Tiny’s place) in this April 23 release.
Best concert I ever saw? Tina Turner, the “Farewell Tour,” the first one — 2000. It was the exclamation point on a sixteen year-long victory lap for the hardest working woman in show business. And yes, she left it all … Continue reading
“French Exit” is like a Whit Stillman adaptation of Somerset Maugham’s “The Lotus Eater,” with producer Wes Anderson dropping by the set, late in the shoot, insisting that he “Make it more TWEE.” It’s a tale of the idle rich … Continue reading
Victor is having an argument with a wife who isn’t at home. What’s with this? Where’s that? It takes him a couple of minutes to see the half-empty shelves and closets. It takes him a minute more to see the … Continue reading
This looks good. Epic. Another chance to revel in the glory that Jack Thompson, too. A May 14 release.