Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 21, 2021
Monica Bellucci stars in this tale of a tattoo superstar and looks like nothing you’d expect to see from any North African cinema. Wow.
My stars and garters, what manner of Z-movie mayhem is this? A little nacho cheese from the makeup maestro turned director of “Leprechaun Returns,” complete with all the digestive tract burps and toots that label entails, “Psycho Goreman” looks and … Continue reading
Not every film that’s all about a menage a trois aims to be the next “Jules et Jim.” Some have a hint of “Summer Lovers” or “Y Tu Mama Tambien” about them, and so go for playful “Vicky Cristina Barcelona” … Continue reading
As paranoid thrillers go, “Sightless” isn’t half bad before it — pardon me — loses its way. And even after that, it manages a moment or two even as it frustrates you with its many blown possibilities. The story of … Continue reading
Movie Review: A son with few “Identifying Features” goes missing in the Borderlands in this haunting odyssey
Three movies set in “the troubles” along the Border have come out in same week. “The Marksman” is a generic Liam Neeson action picture without the nerve to be either a racist redemption tale or a meaningful look at a … Continue reading