Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Dogwashers (Lavaperros)," a Guy Ritchie clone from Colombia
- Netflixable? Olga Kurylenko punches above her weight in "Sentinelle"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 21, 2021
Monica Bellucci stars in this tale of a tattoo superstar and looks like nothing you’d expect to see from any North African cinema. Wow.
My stars and garters, what manner of Z-movie mayhem is this? A little nacho cheese from the makeup maestro turned director of “Leprechaun Returns,” complete with all the digestive tract burps and toots that label entails, “Psycho Goreman” looks and … Continue reading
Not every film that’s all about a menage a trois aims to be the next “Jules et Jim.” Some have a hint of “Summer Lovers” or “Y Tu Mama Tambien” about them, and so go for playful “Vicky Cristina Barcelona” … Continue reading
As paranoid thrillers go, “Sightless” isn’t half bad before it — pardon me — loses its way. And even after that, it manages a moment or two even as it frustrates you with its many blown possibilities. The story of … Continue reading
Movie Review: A son with few “Identifying Features” goes missing in the Borderlands in this haunting odyssey
Three movies set in “the troubles” along the Border have come out in same week. “The Marksman” is a generic Liam Neeson action picture without the nerve to be either a racist redemption tale or a meaningful look at a … Continue reading