Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 22, 2021
“The White Tiger” is a soap operatic saga about one young man’s rise to the “light” — the wealthy caste — of India. It’s a “What Makes Sammy Run?” for the subcontinent, a self-narrated tale of a hustler and how … Continue reading
“Cerebral horror” is a label — perhaps unfair, perhaps a backhanded compliment — we use for that rare tale of terror that doesn’t just get in your head. It makes you think. “Saint Maud” is the latest brooding bit of … Continue reading
For my money, the cleverest movie plot of 2020 belongs to Tunisia’s submission for inclusion in The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences’ “best international feature” contest at the upcoming Oscars. “The Man Who Sold His Skin” is political … Continue reading
She wasn’t always a cleaning lady. And from the liberties she takes with one client’s lipstick, makeup and clothes — trying them on — you’ve got to wonder if this is a job she’ll hang on to for long. Still, … Continue reading