Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 12, 2021
Old movie reviewing trick, comparing a movie to a mash-up of two earlier movies. It’s a shortcut, sure. But hey, I’m not too proud to lean on it. The Romanian documentary “Acasă, My Home” is “Beasts of the Southern Wild” … Continue reading
Netflixable? More Lucas Oil BS — courageous ranchers fight animal rights “conspirators” in “The Stand at Paxton County”
A North Dakota rancher accused of neglecting his livestock becomes a fictional Big Conspiracy wingnut wet dream in “The Stand at Paxton County,” a nasty little piece of prairie propaganda that no film distributor would touch but Netflix has picked … Continue reading
The National Archives has most of the papers and all of the tapes recorded in the FBI’s years of surveilling Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. under lock and key, hidden from public view until 2027. So there’s nothing salacious in … Continue reading
You read enough sloppy Cary Grant biographies, you tend to give up on him as a subject and spend your Golden Age of Hollywood reading time on less controversial icons of the era. But when Oxford University Press puts an … Continue reading