Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 28, 2021
Movie Preview: Benedict Cumberbatch is “the last man” you’d send to rout the Russians — “The Courier”
This Cuban Missile Crisis tale looks tense, tight and period perfect. Cumberbatch, Benedict Cumberbatch, plays a “salesman” recruited to snoop around Moscow in the early 60s. I am so there for this one.
“Savage” sums up a gang member’s life in three key episodes, pivotal moments where young Liam might have had a choice in the way his life turned out. The catch to that is, he had a lot fewer choices than … Continue reading
Wiig and Annie Mumulo from “Bridesmaids” and “This is 40” and “Bad Moms” are in Florida, going “Floridian.” If you’ve ever lived here, you know what I mean. And if you haven’t, you probably still get it. Florida, amIright? Lots … Continue reading
“Haymaker” is an intriguing movie mashup, if nothing else. It’s “The Bodyguard” with a transgender twist, served on a beefcake MMA (Muay Thai) boxing platter. The picture isn’t quite this or even remotely that, but it still might have come … Continue reading
Classic Film Review: David Niven, Peter Ustinov, Trevor Howard and Stanley Holloway in Carol Reed’s “The Way Ahead”
“The Third Man” is widely acknowledged as British director Carol Reed’s breakthrough film, even if his breakout title — the one that ensured his employability as a filmmaker –came much earlier. But film scholars and cinema buffs, poking around his … Continue reading