Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Netflixable? "40-Love" stumbles in love and laughs, if not tennis
- Animated Movie Preview: Apple TV+'s "Luck" gives us a Black Cat with Simon Pegg's Scots accent
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 6, 2021
The camera tracks down what is unmistakably a young woman’s naked back as the voice of Stephen Fry, throwing himself into an amusing dudgeon, reads from the letters of the puzzle print-maker M.C. Escher, griping about “the hippies in San … Continue reading
“Cicada Song” is a sometimes compelling mystery-thriller set in America’s heartland, a missing persons story set in remote, rural Missouri. The feature debut of writer-director Michael Starr has many of the requisite ingredients of a solid indie outing — a … Continue reading
As I’ve said before, that Craig Fairbrass is a proper British villain. A hulking, brutish mug, everything about him says Man of Action/Bloke-who-doesn’t-muck-about. He makes solid British B-movies — thrillers with a caper, cash, some cars, some cuts and gunplay, … Continue reading
Jan 14 on HBO Max.
Here’s how a New York Times critic made mention of actress and transgender icon Candy Darling‘s first appearance in a reviewable play, “Glamour, Glory and Gold” on a New York stage. “Hers was the first female impersonation of a female … Continue reading