Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Documentary Review: Remembering "Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan: Brothers in Blues"
- Movie Review: "Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 17, 2021
Movie Review: The line about the “Tapeworm” is the only funny one in this Canadian “comedy”
“Tapeworm” is a deader-than-deadpan Canadian comedy whose 78 minutes are reminiscent of a pharmacist’s last instructions when handing over your prescription of Praziquantel. “This too will pass.” Pitched as a “cringe” comedy, it’s a largely silent — mostly a lot … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: The line about the “Tapeworm” is the only funny one in this Canadian “comedy”
Movie Review: Neeson narrows his beady eyes as “The Marksman”
Of all the steadily slower-moving action pictures Liam Neeson has stumbled into the sunset with in the latter stages of his action hero career, “The Marksman” stands out as the stupidest. A tedious pastiche of other “tough guy on the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Neeson narrows his beady eyes as “The Marksman”