Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A love poem to Cinema in Soft Focus -- "Empire of Light"
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 17, 2021
“Tapeworm” is a deader-than-deadpan Canadian comedy whose 78 minutes are reminiscent of a pharmacist’s last instructions when handing over your prescription of Praziquantel. “This too will pass.” Pitched as a “cringe” comedy, it’s a largely silent — mostly a lot … Continue reading
Of all the steadily slower-moving action pictures Liam Neeson has stumbled into the sunset with in the latter stages of his action hero career, “The Marksman” stands out as the stupidest. A tedious pastiche of other “tough guy on the … Continue reading