Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Movie Review: "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 2, 2021
Darius Marder’s “Sound of Metal” takes us on an immersive Elisabeth Kübler-Ross journey into deafness. It’s poignant and harrowing on the most personal level version of what one might go through when one of your most vital senses, hearing, all … Continue reading
Movie Review: Old Fashioned “Sylvie’s Love” parks a ’50s romance in “Mad Men/Mrs. Maisel” era Harlem
A strong producer’s hand has saved many a filmmaker from one’s worst impulses, and that’s what seems to be missing from the promising, well-cast and handsomely mounted romance “Sylvie’s Love.” This star vehicle for Tessa Thompson has a solid supporting … Continue reading
If you know Eddie I., you know he’s all about three things — being hilariously biting, cross-dressing and marathoning for charity. He’s practically mental about the last. He’s jogging through a string of marathons this very moment. Go to the … Continue reading
The problem with mob justice is that reason and rule of law and due process are tossed aside in the heat of the moment. Mobs are the trapped in the gullibility of groupthink, easily led and just as easily misled. … Continue reading
Oh my. No words. Here anyway.