Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
- Documentary Review: "Searching for Mr. Rugoff," remembering an art film icon
- Netflixable? Filipino Woman fights back when she becomes "The Girl with a Gun (Babae at Baril)"
- Movie Review: To collect Sarandon's inheritance, Jake Johnson must "Ride the Eagle"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 2, 2021
Darius Marder’s “Sound of Metal” takes us on an immersive Elisabeth Kübler-Ross journey into deafness. It’s poignant and harrowing on the most personal level version of what one might go through when one of your most vital senses, hearing, all … Continue reading
Movie Review: Old Fashioned “Sylvie’s Love” parks a ’50s romance in “Mad Men/Mrs. Maisel” era Harlem
A strong producer’s hand has saved many a filmmaker from one’s worst impulses, and that’s what seems to be missing from the promising, well-cast and handsomely mounted romance “Sylvie’s Love.” This star vehicle for Tessa Thompson has a solid supporting … Continue reading
If you know Eddie I., you know he’s all about three things — being hilariously biting, cross-dressing and marathoning for charity. He’s practically mental about the last. He’s jogging through a string of marathons this very moment. Go to the … Continue reading
The problem with mob justice is that reason and rule of law and due process are tossed aside in the heat of the moment. Mobs are the trapped in the gullibility of groupthink, easily led and just as easily misled. … Continue reading
Oh my. No words. Here anyway.