Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Neeson narrows his beady eyes as "The Marksman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 3, 2021
A couple of quick first impressions re: “I’m Your Woman,” an Amazon star vehicle for its “Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” Rachel Brosnahan. One, cowriter/director Julia Hart (“Fast Color”) should remember that the need for pacing doesn’t change just because you’re making … Continue reading
Willowy thin, reserved, refined and ever-so-English, it’s no great stretch to imagine Paul Bettany as a closeted gay academic, a well-mannered Southerner much-adored by that one member of his family he sees curiosity and potential in — his niece. That … Continue reading