Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Classic Film Review: Matthau Stars, Directs and flirts with his future wife in "Gangster Story" (1959)
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A Grifter by Any Other Name? "Sharper"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Dolly Impersonator struggles to be "Seriously Red"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 3, 2021
A couple of quick first impressions re: “I’m Your Woman,” an Amazon star vehicle for its “Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” Rachel Brosnahan. One, cowriter/director Julia Hart (“Fast Color”) should remember that the need for pacing doesn’t change just because you’re making … Continue reading
Willowy thin, reserved, refined and ever-so-English, it’s no great stretch to imagine Paul Bettany as a closeted gay academic, a well-mannered Southerner much-adored by that one member of his family he sees curiosity and potential in — his niece. That … Continue reading