Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 16, 2021
It used to be more pronounced, back when The Villages was a smaller, more compact enterprise. But the overwhelming first impression driving in is still very Patrick McGoohanish. As in, “The Prisoner.” As in “I am NOT a number, I … Continue reading
Anthony Mackie plays a robotic super soldier who develops an agenda of his own in “Outside the Wire,” a generic and draggy thriller built on firefights, digital effects and bad robot jokes. ‘”Did your motherboard freeze?” Stuff like that. Damson … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Horror filmmaker braves the vicissitudes of the “Clapboard Jungle” of making movies today
It’s a miracle when anybody gets their first feature film made, a miracle that anybody not born into the business or with a silver spoon film school degree on their resume even gets a shot. If you knew the hell … Continue reading