Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 16, 2021
It used to be more pronounced, back when The Villages was a smaller, more compact enterprise. But the overwhelming first impression driving in is still very Patrick McGoohanish. As in, “The Prisoner.” As in “I am NOT a number, I … Continue reading
Anthony Mackie plays a robotic super soldier who develops an agenda of his own in “Outside the Wire,” a generic and draggy thriller built on firefights, digital effects and bad robot jokes. ‘”Did your motherboard freeze?” Stuff like that. Damson … Continue reading
Documentary Review: Horror filmmaker braves the vicissitudes of the “Clapboard Jungle” of making movies today
It’s a miracle when anybody gets their first feature film made, a miracle that anybody not born into the business or with a silver spoon film school degree on their resume even gets a shot. If you knew the hell … Continue reading