Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 19, 2021
I’d warn you about a “spoiler alert,” but this much is obvious maybe ten minutes into “Brothers by Blood.” It’s been recut, chopped. It even had a different title at one point, the much more poetic “The Sound of Philadelphia,” … Continue reading
“No Man’s Land” is a well-intentioned take on the “troubles along the border” story, so at least it has that over Liam Neeson’s latest. Nobody’s accused “The Marksman” of having the best intentions. But “No Man’s Land,” from the duo … Continue reading
“Breaking Fast” is an Islamic “Wedding Banquet,” a West Hollywood rom-com so cute it flirts with “cutesy,” almost cloying when it isn’t being cute, but damned adorable in the bargain. The fact that it arrives 28 years after Ang Lee’s … Continue reading