Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? Olga Kurylenko punches above her weight in "Sentinelle"
- Netflixable? "Dogwashers (Lavaperros)," a Guy Ritchie clone from Colombia
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 19, 2021
I’d warn you about a “spoiler alert,” but this much is obvious maybe ten minutes into “Brothers by Blood.” It’s been recut, chopped. It even had a different title at one point, the much more poetic “The Sound of Philadelphia,” … Continue reading
“No Man’s Land” is a well-intentioned take on the “troubles along the border” story, so at least it has that over Liam Neeson’s latest. Nobody’s accused “The Marksman” of having the best intentions. But “No Man’s Land,” from the duo … Continue reading
“Breaking Fast” is an Islamic “Wedding Banquet,” a West Hollywood rom-com so cute it flirts with “cutesy,” almost cloying when it isn’t being cute, but damned adorable in the bargain. The fact that it arrives 28 years after Ang Lee’s … Continue reading