Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Netflixable? "40-Love" stumbles in love and laughs, if not tennis
- Animated Movie Preview: Apple TV+'s "Luck" gives us a Black Cat with Simon Pegg's Scots accent
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 13, 2021
Movie Preview: Thomas Nicholas, Mickey Rourke, Penelope Ann Miller, Lou Diamond Phillips and Sean Astin square off in “Adverse”
This Lionsgate thriller about drug money and the guy it’s owed to comes our way on a variety of platforms March 9. Looks generic, but you never know.
Amy Adams became a movie star playing a princess living in a land out of a fairytale, someone so “Enchanted” she could summon her forest creature friends to help her get through her day. The English-language French thriller “Hunted?” Basically … Continue reading
“The Wake of Light” is a dreamy, reflective movie, something of an interior monologue delivered by a stoic loner living out her limited life in a small town in the Southwest. It’s built on lots of solitary (mostly) walks through … Continue reading
Oh the horrors of a horror film that’s not the least bit horrifying. “Black Box” is pitched as a paranoid thriller, a sort of supernatural twist “Get Out” built on that over-used horror effect, the inverted human crab (seen above). … Continue reading