Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 9, 2017
We get old, the AARP come-on arrives in the mail, we settle into retirement communities. And old, if not-quite-over-the-hill movie stars make movies about retirement communities. Old directors? They direct them. Thus Ron “Bull Durham” Shelton follows Amy “Clueless” Heckerling, … Continue reading
A lot of us grew up with the Disney cartoon about the bull who didn’t want to fight. He lived to just smell the flowers, and no mere matador could provoke him to do otherwise. If you missed it, here’s … Continue reading
Pixar’s “Coco” is doing quite well on its last weekend without significant box office competition. It is adding anther $19 million to climb toward $140 (by Tuesday, Wed. at the latest). Next weekend it’ll have animated competition from “Ferdinand,” and … Continue reading