Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Movie Review: Giant Crawly bug menaces "The Arbors"
- BOX OFFICE: And the winner is? "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 9, 2017
We get old, the AARP come-on arrives in the mail, we settle into retirement communities. And old, if not-quite-over-the-hill movie stars make movies about retirement communities. Old directors? They direct them. Thus Ron “Bull Durham” Shelton follows Amy “Clueless” Heckerling, … Continue reading
A lot of us grew up with the Disney cartoon about the bull who didn’t want to fight. He lived to just smell the flowers, and no mere matador could provoke him to do otherwise. If you missed it, here’s … Continue reading
Pixar’s “Coco” is doing quite well on its last weekend without significant box office competition. It is adding anther $19 million to climb toward $140 (by Tuesday, Wed. at the latest). Next weekend it’ll have animated competition from “Ferdinand,” and … Continue reading