Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "The 49th Parallel"(1941) reminds us Nazis aren't "very fine people"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: December 24, 2017
Box Office: Fri./Sat. sends “Last Jedi” into a second weekend plunge — Yeah, there’s a backlash
It’s hard to attach “disappointing” to the box office take of any movie that opens with a $220 million 3.5 day (Thursday night counts, too) weekend. It’s made it’s money, pop that champagne at Disney/Lucasfilm, right? The second weekend of … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: Fri./Sat. sends “Last Jedi” into a second weekend plunge — Yeah, there’s a backlash
Netflixable? Make “Okja,” and the Fan(boys) Go Wild
I’m only just now getting around to “Okja” because, well, the thought of a two hour dark Korean comedy about a digital built-in-the-lab superpig of the future holds little appeal. I loved “The Host,” liked “Snowpiercer” and “Mother,” so filmmaker … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Netflixable? Make “Okja,” and the Fan(boys) Go Wild