Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? A Bolshevik Batman? "Major Grom: Plague Doctor"
- Netflixable? The silly sci-fi excesses and faded Bruce Willis cool of "Cosmic Sin"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 16, 2017
It takes little away from “First They Killed My Father,” a remembrance of the Cambodian civil war and the Khmer Rouge genocide that followed, to say it’s too polished. The grim narrative, a child’s-eye-view of war that could just as … Continue reading
A $97 million Friday followed a $45 million Thursday means that “The Last Jedi” seems headed towards a $208-212 million opening weekend, right smack on the lower end of pre-release projections. Fox, once again releasing a pricey cartoon opposite a … Continue reading
It’s got financial chicanery, Vanessa Bayer and Jason Schwartzman and polka music — lots of oom-pah-pah. And Jack Black, whose quote may go up if “Jumanji” hits it big next week. Jan 12., you will worship “The Polka King.”