Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 14, 2017
Will “The Last Jedi” open over $200 million this weekend? It’s the last blockbuster of the year, but will it bust the block? Box Office Guru figures $212 million, maybe $700 million during its entire US run. Box Office Mojo … Continue reading
Oscar winners Bullock, Blanchett and Hathaway, with Rihanna, Mindy Kaling. Sarah Paulson, “Awkwafina” and…Helena Bonham Carter in the Elliott Gould role? As the cast list includes Olivia Munn, Jatie Holmes, Dakota Fanning, Hailey Baldwin, Kylie Jenner, James Corden and Kim Kardashian…well, … Continue reading
The conversation among movie lovers and fellow critics (Sometimes those do overlap, ahem.) at this time of year turns towards “best lists” and “Who or what will be nominated for an Oscar?” And from there, the talk descends to that … Continue reading
This won’t be adjudicated here, unless the screenwriters want to fess up in the comments. Or make a blanket denial. And it might not ever go before the Writers Guild of America or the courts. Even if it made that … Continue reading