Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 6, 2017
It takes a while to settle into the the rhythms, the language and languid, lurid Old South melodramatics of “Mudbound,” a Sundance darling turned Netflix “event.” For the better part of an hour, it’s fair to scratch your head over … Continue reading
We’re getting to that time of year when awards are piling up to make a sufficient guess at where the “critical” consensus is regarding the best pictures of 2017. Critics don’t pick the Oscars, or the Golden Globes, for that … Continue reading
David Huggins is a trained artist of the primitivist/impressionist school who has but one subject — himself…and his lifetime of encounters with aliens. He’s particularly concerned with the conjugal visits, meetings that he insists were sexual in nature, and illustrates … Continue reading