Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Let's keep "Black Christmas" in the dark
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "6 Underground," let'em stay there
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Documentary Review: "Junkie Hunters" fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in "American Relapse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 20, 2017
Movie Preview: “Gringo” Makes Fun of all That Could Go Wrong when Medical Marijuana Comes in Pill Form
When you think of the word “Gringo,” the first actor to come to mind won’t be the African actor David Oleyowo. I guarantee that. But he’s the hapless representative sent to Mexico with the formula for a new “Medical Marijuana … Continue reading
As I was one of the first to pan the latest “Star Wars” film in the J.J. Abrams’ universe, “The Last Jedi,” comments on my review have revealed what seems to be a healthy level of discontent on this (thanks … Continue reading
The German sculptor, conceptual artist and performance artist Joseph Beuys once secured Japanese funding and legions of volunteers to help him plant “7000 Oaks,” each with a rough-hewn basalt obelisk at its base, in Kassel, Germany. He wanted to contrast … Continue reading
You think about Alexander Payne’s other films, comic satires, a lot during “Downsizing.” You remember the political parody “Election,” the hot-button abortion comedy “Citizen Ruth,” the wine snob pretensions of “Sideways” and the pleasures of “The Descendants,” “Nebraska” and “About … Continue reading
We used to call them “triple threats,” these wonders who walked among us. They could sing, dance and act, and do each equally well. Gene and Debbie are gone, Shirley and Rita pretty much done with hoofing it. But Hugh … Continue reading