Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 4, 2017
Pixar’s “Coco” gave the Disney division cause to celebrate again today, after a week of John Lasseter sexual harassment bad news. Not only is it a big (not huge, just big) box office hit. But the stage has been set … Continue reading
Our heroes figure the central fact of their lives out long after we, the audience, do. Their epiphany comes at the tail end of a 27 minute prologue, that part of the film that unfolds before the title “Sundowners” flashes … Continue reading