Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 14, 2017
A big Thursday night and a huge Friday have pushed box office predictions for the “Groundhog Day With a Slasher” Blumhouse offering, “Happy Death Day.” No name stars, a borrowed plot (“Before I Fall,” anyone?), not quite funny, not terribly … Continue reading
So “Happy Death Day” is a “Groundhog Day” knockoff with a dead teenager horror twist. Somebody gets to live and relive a day over and over again until he or she “gets it right.” And yeah, so what if … Continue reading
“The Meyorwitz Stories (New and Selected)” gives us an Adam Sandler removed from his natural habitat — lowbrow comedy — and divorced from the vast dead weight that is his onscreen entourage. There’s no David Spade, no Colin Quinn, no … Continue reading