Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 14, 2017
A big Thursday night and a huge Friday have pushed box office predictions for the “Groundhog Day With a Slasher” Blumhouse offering, “Happy Death Day.” No name stars, a borrowed plot (“Before I Fall,” anyone?), not quite funny, not terribly … Continue reading
So “Happy Death Day” is a “Groundhog Day” knockoff with a dead teenager horror twist. Somebody gets to live and relive a day over and over again until he or she “gets it right.” And yeah, so what if … Continue reading
“The Meyorwitz Stories (New and Selected)” gives us an Adam Sandler removed from his natural habitat — lowbrow comedy — and divorced from the vast dead weight that is his onscreen entourage. There’s no David Spade, no Colin Quinn, no … Continue reading