Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "The 49th Parallel"(1941) reminds us Nazis aren't "very fine people"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: October 7, 2017
Box Office: “Blade Runner” is a lot duller than Hollywood expected — $36 million underwhelms
The reviews have been of the swooning variety, despite the obvious shortcomings “Blade Runner 2049” has as…a MOVIE. Chilly, inhuman, all the empathy of an iPad. Then there’s the fact that it is a long long LONG delayed sequel to … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: “Blade Runner” is a lot duller than Hollywood expected — $36 million underwhelms
Movie Preview: Will Denzel dazzle as “Roman J Israel, Esq?”
Another darkly-comic tale of the seedy side from the creators of “Nightcrawler.” Denzel Washington plays a once-heroic activist lawyer still stuck in the ’70s — his clothes, his attitudes, his interaction with a “Not hearing you, Black Man” legal system. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: Will Denzel dazzle as “Roman J Israel, Esq?”