Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Movie Review: "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 10, 2017
J.K. Simmons has steered his Oscar-winning career from scary guys (“Whiplash,” TV’s “Oz”) to whimsical ones (“Juno,” and the definitive J.J. Jameson in the Tobey Maguire “Spider-Man” movies). But of late, he’s sought out vulnerable, damaged characters, none more damaged … Continue reading
There’s an economy to the writing that marks the earliest moments of “Walking Out,” another winter survival tale — this time involving injured father and son hunters struggling to escape the Montana wilderness. David (Josh Wiggins) gets off a plane, … Continue reading