Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Wes Anderson visits 1968 France via "The French Dispatch"
- Netflixable? Amateur Polish sleuth wonders if she's "In for a Murder (W Jak Morderstwo)"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 10, 2017
J.K. Simmons has steered his Oscar-winning career from scary guys (“Whiplash,” TV’s “Oz”) to whimsical ones (“Juno,” and the definitive J.J. Jameson in the Tobey Maguire “Spider-Man” movies). But of late, he’s sought out vulnerable, damaged characters, none more damaged … Continue reading
There’s an economy to the writing that marks the earliest moments of “Walking Out,” another winter survival tale — this time involving injured father and son hunters struggling to escape the Montana wilderness. David (Josh Wiggins) gets off a plane, … Continue reading