Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 3, 2017
It snows on the people-and-advertising choked streets of Los Angeles. San Diego has been reduced to “Waste Management District” for greater LA. Drone strikes are directed by smart glasses targeting systems, you’re never alone so long as you can afford … Continue reading
The surest way to muck up a perfectly adorable children’s film is the insist upon doing a sequel. Whatever literary qualities “Paddington Bear” has, as a cinematic event he only gets to take us by delightful surprise once. So. Cast … Continue reading
This comic novel adaptation, about an elderly couple who take an ancient RV from Massachusetts to Hemingway’s House down in Key West, may give dementia a “cute” veneer. But when you’ve got Dame Helen Mirren and the durable Donald Sutherland … Continue reading