Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Emancipation" from the old way of looking at Will Smith
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: The horrors of being "Entwined" in the Greek forest
- Movie Review: Disney revives a franchise via animation -- "Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Bruce's Farewell Trilogy? "Detective Knight: Redemption"
- Classic Film Review: "The 49th Parallel"(1941) reminds us Nazis aren't "very fine people"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A Teen Tries to Remember his family's Slaughter -- "The Lost Patient (Le Patient)"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 19, 2016
It’s just a tiny slice of pop culture trivia, meaningless in the greater historical sagas of the lives of The President and The King. But you can’t look at that photo of Elvis Presley meeting Richard Nixon in The Oval … Continue reading
Rave all you like about the computer-generated imagery, the gorgeous 3D jungle flora and fauna of Disney’s latest version of “The Jungle Book.” You will forget about all that technology within minutes of the opening credits. The interface between a … Continue reading
Mercurial, menacing, charismatic and deep — those are the traits that made Don Cheadle the right guy to take on mythic jazzman and icon of cool Miles Davis. Cheadle suggests, in not-quite-equal measure, each of those facets of persona in … Continue reading