Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 27, 2016
Comedy Central phenoms Key and Peele and the cutest kitten ever put on the big screen team up for “Keanu,” a bullet-riddled, laugh-out-loud “gangsta”farce. It’s wildly uneven, rather like their TV series (Jordan Peele and series director Peter Atencio scripted … Continue reading
Well, “G & Ts all around, sweetie darling?” “G & Ts darling!” It’s about 12 years too late getting here, but Jon Hamm, Kate Moss, Miranda Richardson, many other cameos. July 22 everything gets “Absolutely Fabulous” darling. Everything.
“Mother’s Day” is an ensemble holiday comedy packed with all the sappy sentimentality and mawkish manipulation that only the old master, Garry Marshall would dare give it. It’s not very funny, and the plot points are so head-slappingly obvious that … Continue reading