Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Amy Poehler celebrates girls with "Moxie"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 27, 2016
Comedy Central phenoms Key and Peele and the cutest kitten ever put on the big screen team up for “Keanu,” a bullet-riddled, laugh-out-loud “gangsta”farce. It’s wildly uneven, rather like their TV series (Jordan Peele and series director Peter Atencio scripted … Continue reading
Well, “G & Ts all around, sweetie darling?” “G & Ts darling!” It’s about 12 years too late getting here, but Jon Hamm, Kate Moss, Miranda Richardson, many other cameos. July 22 everything gets “Absolutely Fabulous” darling. Everything.
“Mother’s Day” is an ensemble holiday comedy packed with all the sappy sentimentality and mawkish manipulation that only the old master, Garry Marshall would dare give it. It’s not very funny, and the plot points are so head-slappingly obvious that … Continue reading