Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 27, 2016
Comedy Central phenoms Key and Peele and the cutest kitten ever put on the big screen team up for “Keanu,” a bullet-riddled, laugh-out-loud “gangsta”farce. It’s wildly uneven, rather like their TV series (Jordan Peele and series director Peter Atencio scripted … Continue reading
Well, “G & Ts all around, sweetie darling?” “G & Ts darling!” It’s about 12 years too late getting here, but Jon Hamm, Kate Moss, Miranda Richardson, many other cameos. July 22 everything gets “Absolutely Fabulous” darling. Everything.
“Mother’s Day” is an ensemble holiday comedy packed with all the sappy sentimentality and mawkish manipulation that only the old master, Garry Marshall would dare give it. It’s not very funny, and the plot points are so head-slappingly obvious that … Continue reading