Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 26, 2016
Movie Review: “Papa Hemingway in Cuba”
“Papa Hemingway in Cuba,” the “first Hollywood feature shot in Cuba since The Revolution,” gives us a portrait of the great writer in decline, a man of human dimensions. This isn’t the Ernest Hemingway of myth, though he’s certainly living … Continue reading
Movie Review: “A Hologram for the King”, an aimless dud for Tom Hanks
Whatever quality it was that made Dave Eggers the “It Boy” of American literature ever since the modestly-titled “A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius” plum evades big screen translation in “A Hologram for the King.” A misshapen, aimless midlife crisis … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “A Hologram for the King”, an aimless dud for Tom Hanks