Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Failure is "Elemental" in this Pixar Pic
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? Italian kids master music piracy -- "Mixed by Erry"
- Movie Review: Anne Heche adds grace notes to her final film, "What Remains"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 6, 2016
Movie Review: Melissa McCarthy’s husband/director lets her down in “The Boss”
It happens to every big screen comic sooner or later. Eventually, some desperate director, working from a deathly-dull script, pleads into that comic’s ear, “Just get in front of the camera and DO something, SAY something, ANYTHING funny.” And a whole … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Melissa McCarthy’s husband/director lets her down in “The Boss”
Movie Review: “Midnight Special”
“Midnight Special” is a cryptic and suspenseful sci-fi road picture, a thriller so tightly pitched it would work even without the magical science fiction element. Writer-director Jeff Nichols has done some of his best work with children (“Mud”) and Michael … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Midnight Special”