Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" animates an Asia of myth
- Netflixable? Olga Kurylenko punches above her weight in "Sentinelle"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "Dogwashers (Lavaperros)," a Guy Ritchie clone from Colombia
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 11, 2016
It’s derivative, it’s dark, it’s jokey and bloody. And it’s an August comic book movie release. So, “Guardians of the Galaxy” or…something less? Will Smith is the biggest name in it, re-teamed with Margot Robbie, it turns out. Jared Leto … Continue reading
Remember, acting guru Constantin Stanislavski preached, “There are no small parts, only small actors.” He must have dreamed there’d be a film as closely scrutinized, with its tiniest performances parsed and scrutinized, as “Star Wars.” “Elstree 1976” is a documentary … Continue reading