Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? On the road in India, with nothing but "Liar's Dice" to rely on
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 5, 2016
The supply of military acronyms is endless and ever-growing, a point reinforced by the superb “Eye in the Sky,” a thriller about drone warfare. There’s “CDE,” “collateral damage estimate,” and “PID” (“positive identification”). But when it comes to the most … Continue reading
Spoiler alert — God’s still not dead in “God’s Not Dead 2.” Actually, that’s a better title, but let’s not quibble or chase camels through the eye of a needle. The faithful are taken to court for this sequel to … Continue reading
Southern trained/Southern Exposure filmmaker Jeff Nichols sees Michael Shannon in a heroic light, and that’s good enough for me. “Midnight Special” is a markedly different piece of work from the guy who gave us “Shotgun Stories” and “Take Shelter” and … Continue reading