Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? A French "Unhappy Hooker" to the stars -- "Madame Claude"
- Netflixable? You'll never guess "What Lies Below"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
- Book Review: "Woody Allen. Apropos of Nothing. Autobiography."
- Netflixable? A "Bad Trip" that goes a prank or two too far
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Giant Crawly bug menaces "The Arbors"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 27, 2015
A pop culture icon passed away today. Leonard Nimoy was, by my estimation, the Dalai Lama of world pop culture, recognizable, revered, respected. And all because of a TV character. A character he played on a low-rated show that became … Continue reading
“Queen and Country” begins with a reprise of one of the most famous scenes in British cinema. It’s that magical moment from John Boorman’s “Hope and Glory” when a schoolboy, living in London during The Blitz, turns a corner and … Continue reading
The dust rises in puffy clouds over every scene in the limply-named “Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks.” To call this comedy old fashioned, old school or just old and creaky doesn’t do this fusty farce justice. Even the cobwebs … Continue reading