Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? A French "Unhappy Hooker" to the stars -- "Madame Claude"
- Netflixable? You'll never guess "What Lies Below"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
- Netflixable? A "Bad Trip" that goes a prank or two too far
- Book Review: "Woody Allen. Apropos of Nothing. Autobiography."
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Giant Crawly bug menaces "The Arbors"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 25, 2015
The girl wears elbow-length gloves and hair that hides other burn scars from her face. She’s made her way to Hollywood by bus, but knows enough to hire a limo to get around town. Within days she’s found a job … Continue reading
The trouble with movies about “The Big Con” is that they condition us to not believe anything we see up on screen — relationships, who is conning whom, deaths, etc. “Focus” one-ups that by pushing a romance to the fore, … Continue reading
Maria Laura, the heroine of our story, is thin, slinky bombshell of an actress who uses her talents to flirt with other women’s beaus to test their loyalty. The acting roles aren’t there, but there is no shortage of women … Continue reading
It wasn’t that long ago. The streets were littered with barricades, and at night, you could see the bonfires scattered all along the religious fault lines of the city. Graffiti covered the walls — an “I.R.A.” slogan here, a “No … Continue reading