Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: February 10, 2015
Movie Review: “Girlhouse”
There’s something in exploitation movies that should bring out the parent in us all. All these gorgeous, nubile young women stripping and simulating sex acts, and submitting themselves to be slaughtered on camera — who ARE their parents? In “Girlhouse,” … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Girlhouse”
Movie Review: “The Rewrite”
Hugh Grant doesn’t flutter his eyes and stammer for comic effect any more. The long forelock that bounced over one sparkling blue eye was victim of that middle-aged man trim from the hair stylist. But the guy still has that … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “The Rewrite”
Movie Review: “Old Fashioned”
The faith-based romance “Old Fashioned” is a slow, preachy romantic comedy opening Valentine’s Day week opposite “Fifty Shades of Grey,” counter-programming “love” that’s kinky with love from Corinthians. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does … Continue reading