Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 10, 2015
There’s something in exploitation movies that should bring out the parent in us all. All these gorgeous, nubile young women stripping and simulating sex acts, and submitting themselves to be slaughtered on camera — who ARE their parents? In “Girlhouse,” … Continue reading
Hugh Grant doesn’t flutter his eyes and stammer for comic effect any more. The long forelock that bounced over one sparkling blue eye was victim of that middle-aged man trim from the hair stylist. But the guy still has that … Continue reading
The faith-based romance “Old Fashioned” is a slow, preachy romantic comedy opening Valentine’s Day week opposite “Fifty Shades of Grey,” counter-programming “love” that’s kinky with love from Corinthians. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does … Continue reading