Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 10, 2015
There’s something in exploitation movies that should bring out the parent in us all. All these gorgeous, nubile young women stripping and simulating sex acts, and submitting themselves to be slaughtered on camera — who ARE their parents? In “Girlhouse,” … Continue reading
Hugh Grant doesn’t flutter his eyes and stammer for comic effect any more. The long forelock that bounced over one sparkling blue eye was victim of that middle-aged man trim from the hair stylist. But the guy still has that … Continue reading
The faith-based romance “Old Fashioned” is a slow, preachy romantic comedy opening Valentine’s Day week opposite “Fifty Shades of Grey,” counter-programming “love” that’s kinky with love from Corinthians. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does … Continue reading