Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Next screening? Blake and Jude are in "The Rhythm Section"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 10, 2015
There’s something in exploitation movies that should bring out the parent in us all. All these gorgeous, nubile young women stripping and simulating sex acts, and submitting themselves to be slaughtered on camera — who ARE their parents? In “Girlhouse,” … Continue reading
Hugh Grant doesn’t flutter his eyes and stammer for comic effect any more. The long forelock that bounced over one sparkling blue eye was victim of that middle-aged man trim from the hair stylist. But the guy still has that … Continue reading
The faith-based romance “Old Fashioned” is a slow, preachy romantic comedy opening Valentine’s Day week opposite “Fifty Shades of Grey,” counter-programming “love” that’s kinky with love from Corinthians. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does … Continue reading