Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 10, 2015
There’s something in exploitation movies that should bring out the parent in us all. All these gorgeous, nubile young women stripping and simulating sex acts, and submitting themselves to be slaughtered on camera — who ARE their parents? In “Girlhouse,” … Continue reading
Hugh Grant doesn’t flutter his eyes and stammer for comic effect any more. The long forelock that bounced over one sparkling blue eye was victim of that middle-aged man trim from the hair stylist. But the guy still has that … Continue reading
The faith-based romance “Old Fashioned” is a slow, preachy romantic comedy opening Valentine’s Day week opposite “Fifty Shades of Grey,” counter-programming “love” that’s kinky with love from Corinthians. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does … Continue reading