Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? A French "Unhappy Hooker" to the stars -- "Madame Claude"
- Netflixable? You'll never guess "What Lies Below"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
- Netflixable? A "Bad Trip" that goes a prank or two too far
- Book Review: "Woody Allen. Apropos of Nothing. Autobiography."
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Giant Crawly bug menaces "The Arbors"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 11, 2015
“What We Do in the Shadows” is a one-joke comedy about vampires, and yet another mockumentary/fake documentary, a gimmick that has turned seriously stale in recent years. But with those crackpot Kiwis Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi behind it, you … Continue reading
“The Spy Who Amused Me,” James Bond, has abdicated that title. That’s the gap the Mark Millar/Dave Gibbons comic “The Secret Service” leaped into, and it’s territory that feels most at home in the film from that comic, “Kingsman: The … Continue reading
It wouldn’t be a bad thing if “Pitch Perfect” Anna Kendrick spent the rest of her film career doing nothing but musicals. Her pleasant, Broadway-polished alto was right at home with Sondheim in “Into the Woods,” had a pop star … Continue reading