Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Next screening? Blake and Jude are in "The Rhythm Section"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 24, 2015
If you’re a film buff — and seriously, if you’re reading, stumbling across movie blogs, etc., why not? — you may have a ready question or two you’d love to ask the great John Boorman. He did “Point Blank” and … Continue reading
Every scene is magical, every image a work of art in “Song of the Sea,” the latest Oscar-nominated feature from the folks who gave us “The Secret of Kells.” “Sea” is an Irish folk tale, a modern day account of … Continue reading
Lesley is a conscientious school bus driver. A kid doesn’t have a stocking cap for his snowy walk home from his bus stop, she gives him hers. She parks her vehicle at the end of a shift, mentions to the … Continue reading
There’s something chilling about thrillers that put a child in jeopardy. And from the minute we meet Hannah (Pixie Davies) in “Out of the Dark,” she’s being menaced. Her parents (Julia Stiles and Scott Speedman) have just moved with her … Continue reading
You may see better, more Oscar-worthy documentaries this year. But you will never see one more mouth watering than “Deli Man,” Erik Greenberg Anjou’s look at the dying dietary tradition of America’s Jewish delicatessens. It’s a playful and tasty crash … Continue reading
“Ana Maria in Novela Land” is a comedy spoof introduces us to the wonder that is Edy Ganem by hurling her into the world of Latin soap operas — Telenovelas. She plays both an obsessed young fan and blogger about … Continue reading