Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney serves up a moody Marvel "Werewolf by Night" Halloween tale
- Movie Review: "Operation Seawolf" pits Dolph against Grillo in a cut-rate WWII U-Boat thriller
- Movie Review: "The Storied Life of AJ Fikry" mopes its way towards Ordinary
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile" manages a smile
- Movie Review: An all-star cast remembers better days in "Amsterdam"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Maika Monroe faces a monster with her "Significant Other"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 24, 2015
If you’re a film buff — and seriously, if you’re reading, stumbling across movie blogs, etc., why not? — you may have a ready question or two you’d love to ask the great John Boorman. He did “Point Blank” and … Continue reading
Every scene is magical, every image a work of art in “Song of the Sea,” the latest Oscar-nominated feature from the folks who gave us “The Secret of Kells.” “Sea” is an Irish folk tale, a modern day account of … Continue reading
Lesley is a conscientious school bus driver. A kid doesn’t have a stocking cap for his snowy walk home from his bus stop, she gives him hers. She parks her vehicle at the end of a shift, mentions to the … Continue reading
There’s something chilling about thrillers that put a child in jeopardy. And from the minute we meet Hannah (Pixie Davies) in “Out of the Dark,” she’s being menaced. Her parents (Julia Stiles and Scott Speedman) have just moved with her … Continue reading
You may see better, more Oscar-worthy documentaries this year. But you will never see one more mouth watering than “Deli Man,” Erik Greenberg Anjou’s look at the dying dietary tradition of America’s Jewish delicatessens. It’s a playful and tasty crash … Continue reading
“Ana Maria in Novela Land” is a comedy spoof introduces us to the wonder that is Edy Ganem by hurling her into the world of Latin soap operas — Telenovelas. She plays both an obsessed young fan and blogger about … Continue reading