Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 6, 2014
There’s something about motorcycles and motorcycle documentaries that brings out the kid in us all. The immediacy of the experience, the speed, the hair’s breadth away from danger — good films get across the intoxicating hobby and sport that … Continue reading
Good to very good reviews for the two films going into wide release this weekend. “Big Hero 6” shakes up the best animated film Oscar race, a Disney/Marvel cartoon that preps children for superhero movies. Yeah, Disney and Marvel are … Continue reading
Pundit, wag, TV wit, anchorman, William & Mary alumnus, AARP recruit, that rare bird known as a Jewish New Yorker, and now movie director. I’m interviewing Jon Stewart about his film directing debut, “Rosewater,” and as always, I’m looking for … Continue reading