Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Series Preview: Chess, madness and sex appeal -- "The Queen’s Gambit"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 6, 2014
There’s something about motorcycles and motorcycle documentaries that brings out the kid in us all. The immediacy of the experience, the speed, the hair’s breadth away from danger — good films get across the intoxicating hobby and sport that … Continue reading
Good to very good reviews for the two films going into wide release this weekend. “Big Hero 6” shakes up the best animated film Oscar race, a Disney/Marvel cartoon that preps children for superhero movies. Yeah, Disney and Marvel are … Continue reading
Pundit, wag, TV wit, anchorman, William & Mary alumnus, AARP recruit, that rare bird known as a Jewish New Yorker, and now movie director. I’m interviewing Jon Stewart about his film directing debut, “Rosewater,” and as always, I’m looking for … Continue reading