Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: Bibb wears bibs in search of "The Lost Husband"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 6, 2014
There’s something about motorcycles and motorcycle documentaries that brings out the kid in us all. The immediacy of the experience, the speed, the hair’s breadth away from danger — good films get across the intoxicating hobby and sport that … Continue reading
Good to very good reviews for the two films going into wide release this weekend. “Big Hero 6” shakes up the best animated film Oscar race, a Disney/Marvel cartoon that preps children for superhero movies. Yeah, Disney and Marvel are … Continue reading
Pundit, wag, TV wit, anchorman, William & Mary alumnus, AARP recruit, that rare bird known as a Jewish New Yorker, and now movie director. I’m interviewing Jon Stewart about his film directing debut, “Rosewater,” and as always, I’m looking for … Continue reading