Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 5, 2014
I’ve been a fan of Laura Dern forever — from the David Lynch years (“Blue Velvet,” Wild at Heart”) to “Rambling Rose” to “Citizen Ruth” (my favorite of hers) to “The Rocket Boys.” “Wild” is a Reese Witherspoon Oscar contender, … Continue reading
November is when critics start to wrap up their screenings of the Top Ten List contenders, from “Instellar” and “Rosewater” and soon to open films with Oscar buzz, to “Foxcatcher” and tonight’s outing, “The Theory of Everything.” As Stephen Hawking … Continue reading
“Big Hero 6″ is Walt Disney Animation’s lovely and sometimes touching attempt to do anime with computer-generated animation. Based on Marvel comic book characters, it’s a story-driven kid-pleasing mashup of plots, situations and ideas from scads of earlier tales of … Continue reading