Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 5, 2014
I’ve been a fan of Laura Dern forever — from the David Lynch years (“Blue Velvet,” Wild at Heart”) to “Rambling Rose” to “Citizen Ruth” (my favorite of hers) to “The Rocket Boys.” “Wild” is a Reese Witherspoon Oscar contender, … Continue reading
November is when critics start to wrap up their screenings of the Top Ten List contenders, from “Instellar” and “Rosewater” and soon to open films with Oscar buzz, to “Foxcatcher” and tonight’s outing, “The Theory of Everything.” As Stephen Hawking … Continue reading
“Big Hero 6″ is Walt Disney Animation’s lovely and sometimes touching attempt to do anime with computer-generated animation. Based on Marvel comic book characters, it’s a story-driven kid-pleasing mashup of plots, situations and ideas from scads of earlier tales of … Continue reading