Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: A fake priest, an Exorcism streaming show, a test from Satan -- "The Cleansing Hour"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 3, 2014
Christopher Nolan’s “Interstellar” is the most ambitious science fiction film — maybe ever, certainly since “2001: A Space Odyssey.” Long, filled with lengthy passages of exposition and explanations of science, it takes forever to get to a killer third act. … Continue reading
For my money, A24 is a studio on the rise. Arresting, offbeat releases, challenging sci-fi, generally smart and surprising fare across the board. “Under the Skin” with Scarlett J., “Enemy,” a Jake Gyllenhaal puzzle picture, “Locke,” “Spring Breakers,” “The Bling … Continue reading