Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Can Kevin James resist the fury of "Becky?"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 3, 2014
Christopher Nolan’s “Interstellar” is the most ambitious science fiction film — maybe ever, certainly since “2001: A Space Odyssey.” Long, filled with lengthy passages of exposition and explanations of science, it takes forever to get to a killer third act. … Continue reading
For my money, A24 is a studio on the rise. Arresting, offbeat releases, challenging sci-fi, generally smart and surprising fare across the board. “Under the Skin” with Scarlett J., “Enemy,” a Jake Gyllenhaal puzzle picture, “Locke,” “Spring Breakers,” “The Bling … Continue reading