Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker, Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Abraham's story aimed at the Easter audience -- "His Only Son"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? The Vulgarians Rise Again -- "Murder Mystery 2"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 4, 2014
Movie Review: “The Tale of the Princess Kaguya”
Studio Ghibli’s “The Tale of the Princess Kaguya” is an old fashioned Japanese folk tale beautifully rendered in old-fashioned hand-drawn animation. As anime projects go, Isao Takahata’s film is rougher-hewn, more hand-crafted looking than the Oscar winning work of Ghibli’s … Continue reading
Posted in previews, profiles and movie news, Reviews Comments Off on Movie Review: “The Tale of the Princess Kaguya”