Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 18, 2014
In a cinema recently overrun with combat documentaries, Marshall Curry’s “Point and Shoot” manages a first. Here’s a film that captures the romance of war amongst today’s young and testosterone-fueled. Want to know why young men from all over the … Continue reading
“Ornery” is a word that fits Tommy Lee Jones like a well-broken in pair of cockroach killers, boots as leathery as the features on his timeworn face. “I don’t know the meaning of the word,” Jones grumps. He’s being disingenuous, … Continue reading
You don’t have to have caught her break-out performance on TV’s “Gossip Girl” to have a take on Leighton Meester. She all but stole “Country Strong,” she’s a sexy-comical come-on in this fall’s “The Judge,” and plays an adorable folk … Continue reading