Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 12, 2014
Gloom gathers over the movie “Foxcatcher.” The skies are perpetually grey and the only time we see don’t see red leaves tumbling to the ground is when they’re covered with snow. We know something fatal is coming, even if our … Continue reading
No, we’re not talking Bruins or Gophers or Badgers here. “Red Army” is a documentary about Soviet Era hockey — how it was built, what the one party dictatorship used it for and how it was perceived INSIDE the USSR, … Continue reading