Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 21, 2014
Mike Leigh’s bio-pic of Britain’s “greatest artist,” J.M. W. Turner, gives his muse, Timothy Spall, a great star vehicle. A lovely looking period piece performed in almost indecipherable Cockney, or so we’ve been told. Dying to see it, maybe a … Continue reading
Looking at the all-important Rottentomatoes Tomatometer on Monday, your eyes might have popped at the near 90% positive rating the latest “Hunger Games” film, “Mockingjay — Part 1,” was earning. Those are “Gravity” numbers, “Avatar” level appreciation. Then you scan … Continue reading