Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Classic Film Review: Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (1993)
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 21, 2014
Today’s first screening: “Mr. Turner”
Mike Leigh’s bio-pic of Britain’s “greatest artist,” J.M. W. Turner, gives his muse, Timothy Spall, a great star vehicle. A lovely looking period piece performed in almost indecipherable Cockney, or so we’ve been told. Dying to see it, maybe a … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Today’s first screening: “Mr. Turner”
Weekend Movies: Brit critics, fanboys tilt “Mockingjay” reviews
Looking at the all-important Rottentomatoes Tomatometer on Monday, your eyes might have popped at the near 90% positive rating the latest “Hunger Games” film, “Mockingjay — Part 1,” was earning. Those are “Gravity” numbers, “Avatar” level appreciation. Then you scan … Continue reading
Posted in previews, profiles and movie news, Reviews 4 Comments