Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Can Kevin James resist the fury of "Becky?"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 21, 2014
Mike Leigh’s bio-pic of Britain’s “greatest artist,” J.M. W. Turner, gives his muse, Timothy Spall, a great star vehicle. A lovely looking period piece performed in almost indecipherable Cockney, or so we’ve been told. Dying to see it, maybe a … Continue reading
Looking at the all-important Rottentomatoes Tomatometer on Monday, your eyes might have popped at the near 90% positive rating the latest “Hunger Games” film, “Mockingjay — Part 1,” was earning. Those are “Gravity” numbers, “Avatar” level appreciation. Then you scan … Continue reading