Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 21, 2014
Mike Leigh’s bio-pic of Britain’s “greatest artist,” J.M. W. Turner, gives his muse, Timothy Spall, a great star vehicle. A lovely looking period piece performed in almost indecipherable Cockney, or so we’ve been told. Dying to see it, maybe a … Continue reading
Looking at the all-important Rottentomatoes Tomatometer on Monday, your eyes might have popped at the near 90% positive rating the latest “Hunger Games” film, “Mockingjay — Part 1,” was earning. Those are “Gravity” numbers, “Avatar” level appreciation. Then you scan … Continue reading