Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Netflixable? "The Ruthless (Lo Spietato)" takes us inside the Milan Mafia
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 25, 2014
Writer-director-star Shawn Christensen’s “Curfew” was a minor miracle of a short film. This 2012 Oscar nominee was cynical and bitter, sad and uplifting — and deeply, darkly hilarious — a lot to manage in 19 magical minutes. “Curfew” earns a … Continue reading
A mop-topped six year-old sees something in the back of his mother’s station wagon. His eyes go wild with terror and he lets out a blood-curdling scream. It’s broad daylight. And even though we sympathize with his harassed, widowed … Continue reading
Blame it on lowered expectations for the umpteenth cartoon starring those commando penguins from “Madagascar,” over-exposed little darlings who stole all those movies and went on to star in their own spin off TV series. Or lay it at the … Continue reading