Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? A long wallow in Southern Gothic, "The Devil All the Time"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 29, 2014
It’s easy to forget the dark ages — when women died in their thousands and the staid, male-dominated medical profession didn’t react with alarm and purpose in trying to figure out why, when geneticists wouldn’t roll up their sleeves to … Continue reading
“Belle” is a movie that instantly joins the ranks of the screen’s great period piece romances. Imagine a Jane Austen adaptation, with all its Empire waistlines and romantic longing, but a film in which the obstacles to love are far … Continue reading
If there’s a tie that binds most of the characters of the Marvel Universe together, it’s the mutability of the supposedly immutable human body. Characters are poisoned by radiation, zapped by electricity, bitten by spiders or broken, crushed, ruined or … Continue reading