Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Just Get Gerard Butler to "Kandahar"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "A Walk in the Sun" (1945) WWII filmed as it was happening
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 14, 2014
Turturro talks about writing for Woody, teasing tha Hassidic and playing a “Fading Gigolo”
of his many associations with Spike Lee — from “Do the Right Thing,” to “Clockers” to “He Got Game” — eight films stretching back to the ’80s.Or maybe it’s the “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” connection, his four films with … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Turturro talks about writing for Woody, teasing tha Hassidic and playing a “Fading Gigolo”
Box Office: Weak reviews, word of mouth tamp down “Rio 2” — “Captain America” wins another weekend
Based on the great Friday night it had, “Rio 2” appeared headed for a $43 million opening weekend at the box office, an established brand whose fans ignored poor reviews to give it a weekend win over blockbuster “Captain America: … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: Weak reviews, word of mouth tamp down “Rio 2” — “Captain America” wins another weekend