Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 18, 2014
Neither of the major openings this weekend has a prayer of catching “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” or “Rio 2.” The bad reviews for Johnny Depp’s last film in which he does not play a pirate (merely a prediction) won’t … Continue reading
A period piece about an illegitimate, mixed-raced beauty raised by her aristocratic uncle (Tom Wilkinson), “Belle” could be a breakthrough role for Gugu Mbatha-Raw, of English and South African ancestry. And in a posh period piece, no less. Matthew Goode, … Continue reading